Veterans Concert Prep Materials
Materials related to concert
Various publicity materials
- VC single page flyer PDF format-UPDATED 2019-09-06
- Same as above-original PowerPoint format
- VC trifold-brochure with tearoff-UPDATED 2019-07-14
- Same as above-original PowerPoint format
- Summary of grants awarded in 2019 PDF format-UPDATED 2091-09-03
- Same as above-original Word format
- Message to 2019 grantees re veterans concert WITH additional forwarding info & attachment-UPDATED 2017-09-06
Information for inclusion in program
2019-10-14 Veterans Concert Program updated-HMcC’s brother, Kelm’s title (includes all changes to date: concert repertoire, donor names sorted, updated name of new St. Stephen’s speaker; mention of reception; clarifying free will offering occurs while “Apollo 13” is being played; adding Mark Kelm to program; adding contribution from Harriet McCleary; awaiting updated list of orchestra personnel).
History of donor giving (2012-2019) for veteran’s concert as of 9/23/2019
This workbook can be viewed by either (a) downloading or (b) online by clicking on “View full-size workbook” icon in the lower right.
- Raw data based on Lin Shurtliff’s accounting transaction records for the years indicated.
- Where her transactions had no name, they are collapsed under “Cash/anonymous/unknown”.
- Wherever possible efforts have been made to remove duplicates. So, donor names differing only with obvious spelling inconsistencies were harmonized. Same is true where one spouse is listed one year, another in a different year and so on (i.e., both spouses joined into one record for all transactions).
- VFW names edited so all VFW transactions sort contiguously.
- Attempt was made to sort by last name, but that was abandoned owing to issues with spouses having different names.
- Goodale donations were triple-checked. There were 3 transactions for 2012; the transaction names weren’t consistent, but assumption is that all are concert-related. Moreover, at first glance it looks as though they DID NOT FUND 2015 – and yet PROBABLY THEY DID since there is a $6,000 donation tagged to the Cathedral. Record left as delivered in Lin’s records.
The attachments and descriptions below relate to publicity and communications for last year’s concert “Honoring Our Veterans”. Some context:
- Emails have been converted to PDF. These have been run through OCR software so you can search and copy text easily.
- Except as noted other documents are in Word, Excel and PowerPoint format. Bear in mind, however, that documents like the program and flyers were converted to PDF prior to being handed off for printing.
- Documents are presumed to be the “final” or “latest” version (i.e., not drafts)
- If you see anything that needs to be added, updated or corrected contact the webmaster.
- Email to Inez (Email re veteran groups – PDF) and …
- … The document referred to therein (Veterans groups inventory – Excel).
- List of individual addresses harvested from the various veteran websites and Facebook posts (Addresses – Excel). NOTE: there is a tab in the worksheet tracking email addresses that bounced .
- Email that went out — via Microsoft Word mail merge — to the groups where the PDF version of the flyer was an attachment (Example of email sent to groups – PDF).
- Sample letter sent to various VFW/American Legion posts (Woodbury.doc).
- 2016 Veterans concert program-RECONSTRUCTED IN POWERPOINT
- 2016 Veterans concert program-ORIGINAL PDF
Email items dispatched by Naomi Gordon September 2017 (attachments noted in italics)
Materials related to Minnesota Public Radio publicity
These documents are self-explanatory:
- What You Can Say
- MPR Underwriting Samples
- Bill from MPR for the 2019 concert (added May 26, 2020)
- Detail of MPR purchase for 2018 concert (added May 26, 2020)
Communications with Steve Ramsey (orchestra conductor)
Email and attachment during which we confirmed both the repertoire and the personnel. Steve’s
- Email re concert repertoire – PDF
- Program and Personnel – Word
- Email and phone number for Steve Ramsey: email@example.com, 612-840-8681.
Email to orchestra members with flyer attachment (not included here — it was one of those noted above)
- Email thread re number of flyers needed (VC 2016 Email re veteran groups).
- Email re publicity effort after the Sunday morning service on the day of the concert (Publicizing Wells and the concert after the Sunday service before the concert – PDF).
- Grant recipients handout (2-sided) — used as part of the publicity at St. Mark’s (Narrative & photos and Wells Foundation Grants Awarded 2017).
- List of email addresses for contacts at organizations receiving grants in 2017.
- [Added 11/26/2017] Writeup from Naomi Gordon recapping steps for contacting media to publicize HOV concert.
- Updated task list for the Veteran’s Concert. Updated by Inez Bergquist (May 27, 2020).